This Sunday morning brings the excitement, challenge and road closures of the Colfax Marathon to the Edgewater area.
Here are the closures along West Colfax and around the Edgewater area from Colfax Marathon organizers:
This year’s marathon route in Lakewood will take runners along West Colfax, turning north on Pierce Street, traveling through Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design, returning to Pierce Street and heading north to West 20th Avenue. The runners return to Colfax Avenue at Glen Moor Drive, heading east, remaining in the westbound lanes of Colfax Avenue.
- North to south streets that cross Colfax from Sheridan Boulevard to Garrison Street will be closed to through traffic from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- North to south streets that cross Colfax Avenue between West Sixth and West 26th Avenues will be closed to through traffic
- To move traffic north and south through the area, motorists will be funneled on detour routes to Interstate 70 and Federal Boulevard, using West Sixth, West 26th and West 32nd Avenues.
- Kipling Street is open to north/south traffic crossing W. Colfax.
- Traffic traveling east on W. Colfax will be diverted south on Garrison Street, then continue east on W. 14th Ave.
- Traffic will be allowed to proceed westbound on Colfax from Garrison.
- Traffic will be allowed limited access to local only traffic across W. 20th Avenue at signaled intersections, expect delays.
- Local traffic and marathon spectators will be permitted access.
- Access to Colfax businesses open on May 17 will be allowed from side streets either through limited-access lanes on Colfax Avenue marked with cones or through police escorts.
- Access to and from residences and churches adjacent to Colfax Avenue will be allowed through the use of side streets.
- The last runner will be off of Colfax Avenue in Lakewood at approximately 10:30 a.m.
- Colfax Avenue will be cleaned and swept immediately following the passage of runners.