At their retreat on December 5, the Edgewater City Council reviewed and updated their goals for the City of Edgewater.
Here are the goals from the City of Edgewater:
“Where Families Choose to Live, Grow and Stay”
GOAL: MAINTAIN EDGEWATER AS A CITY WITH FINANCIALLY SUSTAINABLE ASSETS AND QUALITY SERVICE DELIVERY
- Continue to fund an economically balanced Capital Improvements Plan.
- Regularly review policy implementation with City Manager.
- Continue to pursue all practical and achievable opportunities to enhance the City’s revenue streams.
- Review and enhance City communication tools.
GOAL: ALIGN THE CITY’S RECREATIONAL, EDUCATIONAL, AND CULTURAL PROGRAMS WITH THE NEEDS AND DESIRES OF THE COMMUNITY
- Continue to study the financial feasibility of, and implement the recommendations in the Parks and
- Recreation Master Plan through funding and operational partnerships.
- Evaluate current and future Community Events.
- Continue to find ways to enhance communication and relationships with the school community.
- Consider opportunities to preserve and celebrate Edgewater’s heritage.
GOAL: IMPLEMENT A LAND USE POLICY THAT WILL ENCOURAGE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT THAT ENHANCES THE QUALITY OF LIFE
- Revise land use code to be in sync with the new comprehensive plan and reactive to the built environment.
- Sustain streamlined processes for investments that benefit the community.
- Realize the maximum development opportunity at 20th and Depew and other underutilized properties.
- Maintain the mutually beneficial relationship with the Planning Commission and the Edgewater Redevelopment Authority.
- Maximize opportunities presented by prevailing market and economic trends to advance community goals.
City Council Goals are reviewed and updated twice a year and constitute the foundation of the City’s work plan, utilizing various forms of citizen input, including the bi-annual Community Survey.