Join Edgewater Collective and fellow community members on Monday, November 7 at 7 pm to help plan the Edgewater Community Festival! The meeting will be at the Edgewater Collective office at 5220 W. 25th Avenue.
The hope is that this Edgewater Community Festival will showcase the great things happening in our community and celebrate Edgewater’s past, present and future. The dream is that it will connect our schools to our community as well as bring residents from all generations together to celebrate our community.
The Edgewater Community Festival will be May 12-14, 2017.
Here are some of the elements that we hope will be part of this multi-generational festival:
- Edgewater’s Got Talent: Community talent show on Friday night at Jefferson Jr/Sr High School
- Edgewater 5k: 5k on Saturday morning with a fun run, bike parade and pet parade before the race
- Festival Events at Citizen’s Park: From 11 am-9 pm on Saturday there will be fun events to draw in all generations around Citizen’s Park. Within Citizen’s Park there will be different “zones” that will be organized by topic/interest area.
- Food trucks
- Bake sale
- School and PTA booths
- History/Art/Gardening Zone
- Kids Zone
- Edgewater Business Zone
- Bands at the park stage
- Car show at 20th and Depew
- Beer Olympics on the softball field
- Pancake Breakfast: Sunday morning pancake breakfast at the American Legion as a fundraiser for the Jefferson Booster Club
- Community Yoga: Sunday morning yoga and exercise demos at Memorial Park led by Edgewater businesses