Career Plus Group Mentoring
Goodwill Industries of Denver Youth Services Programming
Goodwill’s Careers Plus Group Mentoring Program is designed to increase youth’s self-awareness, job readiness and post-secondary preparation through group formatted mentoring. Mentors meet with a group of 3-4 high school aged youth on a weekly basis in a classroom setting. This program offers mentors and mentees an opportunity to connect on a personal level while sharing career related experiences and guidance.
Jefferson Jr/Sr High School (2305 Pierce St, Edgewater, CO 80214)
- Wednesday- 9:30-10:30 am
- Thursday- 9:30-10:30 am
What will be covered during the mentoring session:
Mentors and students will work on a variety of topics based on the needs of the students, but may include interviewing and networking skills, career exploration, goal setting, time management, college application process, self-awareness etc.
Outcomes of mentoring:
Students who went through the Goodwill curriculum were almost 30% more likely to graduate high school than non-Goodwill students and 18% more likely to attend college. Our hope is that mentors and students will develop a positive relationship with a caring adult that leads them to make positive decisions in their lives, not just today but in the years to come.
Requirements for mentors:
1. Commit to attending weekly, hour long classroom mentoring on a very regular basis.
2. Commit to mentoring for at least two semesters.
3. Attend a training/orientation prior to mentoring. If a group is volunteering we can bring the orientation to you!
4. Complete an application, interview and background screening.
5. Be respectful of mentees’ perspectives.
6. Comfortable facilitating group discussions in a classroom environment with youth from diverse backgrounds.
If you are interested in more information on Careers Plus group mentoring contact Nicole Magloire at firstname.lastname@example.org or (720)238-2952