From the City of Edgewater:
Applications are being accepted for three (3) voluntary positions on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board. This Board consists of seven (7) members, appointed by the Mayor. The appointments are for terms ending March 1, 2017, March 1, 2020 and March 1, 2021. Qualifications are as follows:
- Resident of the City of Edgewater.
- Not an elected official, officer, of employee or the City.
- No conviction for embezzlement, bribery, solicitation of bribery, perjury, subornation of
perjury, or any offense involving fraud.
The Board shall, upon the request of the City Council from time to time, cooperate with its liaison to make recommendations to the City Council on:
(1) Methods and procedures to preserve, enhance, protect and display items of historic, artistic and cultural value, such as pictures, albums, trophies and memorabilia;
(2) Methods and procedures to encourage and assist with the establishment of educational and cultural programs, tours and events of historic, artistic or cultural value;
(3) Maintenance and preservation of buildings, improvements, structures and facilities within the City as museums;
(4) Designation of historic landmarks in the City, as provided in Section 2-11-50;
(5) A proposed master plan for the maintenance of a modern park system;
(6) The portions of the proposed City budget pertaining to parks and recreation; and
(7) The establishment and conduct of recreational programs for the City.
Applications are available at the City Clerk’s Office, 2401 Sheridan Boulevard and will be accepted until the vacancies are filled.
Contact: Dan Maples, 720-763-3012; email@example.com